Mr. Desoto 1st
period 4/29/14

civil engineering
I want to be a civil engineer because is the career that interest's me the most. I wanna be able to create and find new ways to improve the community that I live in. I want to be able to create new things and rebuild things that already exist for the benefit of the civilians. Civil engineers perform engineer duties in planning, designing, overseeing construction, maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, water, and sewage system. It also includes architectural structures, traffic, ocean, and geo-technique engineers.Civil engineer includes in any aspect of our daily lives, from the water you use to brush your teeth in the morning to the road you drive on to work and school. Civil engineers design and build systems that bring us water and power.The amount of sallary they get paid is $38.14 hourly, and $79,340 annualy. Civil engineering and Technology knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Civil engineers generally work indoors in offices. However, they sometimes spend time outdoors at construction sites so they can monitor operations or solve problems at the site. Occasionally, civil engineers travel abroad to work on large engineering projects in other countries. Civil engineers typically work full time, and about 1 in 4 worked more than 40 hours per week. Engineers who direct projects may have to work extra hours to monitor progress of the overall projects, to ensure that the design meets requirements, and to ensure that deadlines are met.To become a civil enginer you have to have a bachelors degree typically you need a graduate degree and licensure for promotion to senior positions. Licensure requirements vary within the U.S, civil engineers must usually be licensed in the locations where they provide services publicly. I think civil engineering is the best carrer that interest me and I know I will become a succesful civil engineer.
No comments:
Post a Comment